|The following is a list of useful links that I had posted here up until 2005. I'll put more relevant ones up soon.
Favorite Africa Related Sites
- See live pictures from various wildlife parks in Africa. You can occasionally see a lion or elephant at a watering hole - how cool is that?
- Get climate and weather info for Africa and the rest of the world.
- The weather forecast in Conakry, Guinea.
- Great site with loads of info on Guinea and life as a PCV.
- Jessica Lovendale, a fellow Kenyan PCV, started this site from the U.S. and has been working on it at Malaika. It's still a work-in-progress but some info and pictures are on it.
- My guide up Kilimanjaro has started his own travel company. If you're thinking about vacationing in Tanzania, check out this site.
Favorite Travel Related Sites
- Rick Steves' Europe Through The Back Door (ETBD) site has lots of great travel links so rather than re-type them all, I just included this link. Why re-invent the wheel? FYI, I use his guide books for all my European travels and would never leave home without selected ripped out pages. TIP: never take an entire guide book with you, just rip out the pages of the countries or areas you'll be visiting and toss them away when you're done.
- ETBD's tips page
- This is another great page on Rick Steves' site. It gives tips for everything from packing to transportation.
- Pretty good currency converter.
- Translate words, phrases, or entire web sites into different languages using AltaVista's Babel Fish translator.